After a few snags with a dependency that did not want to play nicely, I managed to get the MIIND simulator installed. This is required for the next step of the project.
I now need to demonstrate that as the mu increases (which we can now predict reasonably accurately), the output firing rate steadily increases. This produces a sigmoid shape on a histogram… after a fashion!
Today I ran the one population model [to test, we need to do the same with a two population model], with a variety of different rates, which equates to different mu values. The mu can also be varied by altering the synaptic weight as well, although this would be much less significant changes, and should in theory result in exactly the same curve.
Once I have done this in NEST I will need to replicate it in MIIND